INTRODUCING SECOND GENERATION PHARMACOGENETICS
Introducing the second generation Pharmacogenetic report for antidepressant prescribing – CNSDose.
CNSDose uniquely uses both liver and blood-brain barrier genetics to help select the most suitable antidepressant.
CNSDose uses two key steps governing antidepressant central nervous system (CNS) bioavailability:
1. Liver metabolism (CYP450 & UGT1A1)
2. Efflux transporters (ABC transporters) at the blood brain barrier
How CNSDose works
30-50% OF DEPRESSED PATIENTS DON’T RESPOND TO THEIR FIRST MEDICATION
Evidence now indicates CNSDose may double the odds of recovery.
A Randomized Controlled Trial of major depression found a remission rate of 72% when using CNSDose guided dosing, compared to 28% for conventional dosing.
Link to research publications
- Discuss CNSDose with your doctor.
- Receive a sample collection kit from either your doctor or directly from us.
- Collect Cheek cells and post your sample back for analysis.
- Results will be available within 5 days of sample receipt at our laboratory.
- Your doctor will receive your CNSDose report to discuss with you.
BasePair Genomics is an Australian molecular diagnostics company providing genetic testing for clinical, research and commercial clients. We are dedicated to improving healthcare and supporting personalized medicine initiatives through our pharmacogenomics expertise.